CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Still Listening

I'm still listening for the Lord's whispers in this dark room I'm in. I think I must clarify that this isn't an attack of the enemy. I hear his attacks and they are quite different. This place that I am in is a place that God has me. So because of that I don't need to be sad or depressed. I admit that I'm not jumping for joy, but I am content. I'm quiet. I'm still. That's all that I can be. Every time I think about the future with regards to ministry, serving, a career, or my passions my mind gets fuzzy or like static on a t.v. It's kind of weird. But since I'm here, no matter what I do, I may as well rest and trust that the Lord's presence is surrounding me. The amazing thing is that because I have to focus so hard on God alone I'm able to hear Him when He tells me to pray for someone and what to pray for. He is still using me in the present moments. Thank you, Lord!

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

What's that song Elise sang on their first Jacob's Well album? Oh

"Be Still and Know That I Am God"

Just those words alone can bring me comfort, just be still, He is with you, He is God Sarah.

The lesson, or journey could be as simple as "Be Still." Patience in itself is a lesson God is always teaching this reluctant daughter (NO GOD! I DON'T WANT TO BE PATIENT!)

Poor guy, I'm going give him a big hug in Heaven and apologize for all I have put him through :) hee hee.

You are doing just what you should, I will keep you in my prayers for clarity while in your dark room.

God Bless

the lains said...

Krista says:
I never really knew how hard it was to listen until I began learning a foreign language!! Oh Lord teach us to listen so that we may hear your voice and recognize the words that you are speaking to us!!!! Love ya sis.

Emily Faulknor said...

Hang in there Sarah, I have seen you through this before and I know that you will come out of this place stronger and more powerful in the Spirit of the Lord than every before. I love you!